How to make items despawn after death?

ShrekB01

I tried alot of combinations but neither of them work, I hope some of you know how to do that :)

QasimZed

Do you want the item to not drop at all or despawn after a while?

ShrekB01

maybe despawn after few seconds, but if you dont know 1 option is great too

Ezolile

You could when player dies wait few seconds, select all entities and teleport them to void or lava (lava is better). This can cause few problems if you have other entities in game that you need.

veddnt

despawn? or they just shouldn't drop at all?
If you don't want them to fall there is a setting in player action.
If you want to despawn after a certain time period, maybe storing the death location to "%player%_death-location" and then select entity near location, delete. Tho this method isn't something i would suggest doing in a game.

ShrekB01

despawn? or they just shouldn't drop at all?
If you don't want them to fall there is a setting in player action.
If you want to despawn after a certain time period, maybe storing the death location to "%player%_death-location" and then select entity near location, delete. Tho this method isn't something i would suggest doing in a game.
Where can you find player action settings?

Ophelios

I tried to disable keep inventory, but the problem is when I die I still drop items.
You have to enable it. You won't drop any items and you'll keep the inventory. Make it on join for the most efficiency. Also, don't forget to set items if you're making a game such as a Kit PVP where they're not supposed to drop items, but also not supposed to keep them.

veddnt

yeah you can also just cancel death event then clear inv and then kill setting %killer% = %damager%