1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How i think anni can be revived

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by YouStink, Sep 8, 2018.

1. YouStink

YouStink Well-Known Member Member

In-game name::
    Interceptor_YT
    For the past few weeks I checked annis player count and it's 0.It is no doubt my fav game mode but I fear that I could end with the same fate as PUBG and that lame donor server
    so here is a way I randomly thought of that could bring back anni

Lowering the number of players it takes to start the game
    The main problem with anni is the player count, 0 as always.Even if you do a broadcast or spam on multiple servers asking people to join, they won't unless they see that a game is currently online so by reducing the player count to 4, it could attract some players to join the game but because not many people will know this, we should make it so that it shows if a game is currently online or not so people can join. I'll post my suggestion later cuz battery low

2. Improvisors

Improvisors Well-Known Member Member

Improvisors
    Hmm...I'll talk with this with abode.

3. Spliz_

Spliz_ New Member Staff Member Member

Spliz_
    I think your idea could help, but I don't think that is the only issue with it being dead. I've never really played so I'm not sure how long the games last but I would guess one of the reasons is the fact that the games take long, most players just wanna play quick and fun games.

Once again I've never really played so I'm not sure how long games actually last...

YouStink and xPancakex like this.
  4. xPancakex

xPancakex Well-Known Member Member

xPancakex
    I have an idea! Let’s disable all games except prison and annihilation. Then we could broadcast (join annihilation now!) This would channel many people towards these gamemodes. But I always think blitz Sg is a better game than annihilation. We could also use youstink’s idea

5. XxMCProxX

XxMCProxX Well-Known Member Member

XxMCProxX
    I'm pretty sure this idea wouldn't be fun for players. The thing in annihilation that makes the game unfair at the moment is the team numbers. If you're suggesting to make each team would have only 1 member, then yes the game would be "fast" that being said, it'd end quick. But I personally think that Annihilation isn't even supposed to be a fast paced game. You're supposed to gather items and upgrade yourself slowly not just win the game as soon as it started. Thats pretty much the reason why "Phases" exist. If they wouldn't, you could just get diamond armor in the first 3 minutes and kill all of the teams in less than that. Another thing I can see that might not be great for the game is win farming. If you'd only need 4 players to start a game, and one player joined who's a professional player - the others wouldn't really stand a chance. Although that's kind of how it's supposed to go. If you're good, then you'll win (just saying, you won't win all the time). But lets say that a normal player who isn't particularly good at the game, inviteo 3 friends to join the server and they all went to annihilation and were mostly AFK allowing the other player in game easily kill their nexus and win the game. That is, get easy nexus damage, kills and wins. That's pretty much what I mean by saying "farming". Although, yes I get it that you can still do this same strategy right now, but it takes way more players to start a game which would probably delay the game's starting process. So in the end, I agree that anni's kind of dead, but I really doubt these specific ideas would bring it back.

6. XxMCProxX

XxMCProxX Well-Known Member Member

XxMCProxX
    There's no specific time for as long the game lasts. It just depends on the teamwork of the teams. The game starts at phase 1 which is the gathering phase where you mostly need to focus on getting better items. After this phase (I believe it lasts around 10-20 minutes), nexus damage is enabled. That being said, you can kill other nexuses and kill other teams for good. So it could literally only last 20 minutes or less (don't really remember when phase 2 starts). But usually games do tend to take up to 1 or 2 hours sometimes if you stick around till the end (don't get kicked by the anticheat or don't get killed).

7. YouStink

Interceptor_YT
    I disagree.Having to choose between my idea and yours is like having to choose between something terrible and unpleasant.Yes, the games are fast paced and less fun but let's be honest.That is better than no game and no fun at all.

8. JonasTD

JonasTD Well-Known Member Member

Baker, WebDeveloper, Community Management
    Home Page:
    JonasTD
    Better no game at all then easy abusing a system with 3 friends.

XxMCProxX likes this.
  9. YouStink

Interceptor_YT
    Can yoi at least make it so that 8 players are needed to start the game? I'm sick of people constantly leaving and joining

10. Improvisors

Improvisors Well-Known Member Member

Improvisors
    Eh I guess that could be a ökay" idea...not sure about it though.