Global/Other regarding advertisements in chat

ezezeez

like see if i say in chat "here is my alternos server join it - xxx.xxxx.xx..x.xxx" it counts as advertising but if anyone else says "anyone want to join my lifesteal/SMP/server message me" ain't that advertising too?
because i think the essense of advertising rule is to make player keep playing ML and not go to other servers but messages like these do tempt me to join SMP(though i cannot join due to version restriction)
to in short expand the rule 2.3 advertising and make players who advertise the servers cc (directly or non-directly) be punished

repost from ruforums cus yes

iCherish

Sr.Moder | Core staff
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
Hello @ezezeez

For punishments regarding advertising, we will always ban the player if they send the full ip address of the server (there are no exceptions for this). However, for cases like players asking people to join their server but not mentioning the names; we will always check their logs and double confirm if you personally feel the player was advertising/if they were reported. If the server name that was mentioned does not have 2x the player count of Mineland, a punishment will be issued. Hope this helps and clears your doubts!

Best regards,
iCherish | Moder³

Aalus

Big Bandar
like see if i say in chat "here is my alternos server join it - xxx.xxxx.xx..x.xxx" it counts as advertising but if anyone else says "anyone want to join my lifesteal/SMP/server message me" ain't that advertising too?
because i think the essense of advertising rule is to make player keep playing ML and not go to other servers but messages like these do tempt me to join SMP(though i cannot join due to version restriction)
to in short expand the rule 2.3 advertising and make players who advertise the servers cc (directly or non-directly) be punished

Ok

mugheera1122

i sm just learning rules

mugheera1122

Hello @ezezeez

For punishments regarding advertising, we will always ban the player if they send the full ip address of the server (there are no exceptions for this). However, for cases like players asking people to join their server but not mentioning the names; we will always check their logs and double confirm if you personally feel the player was advertising/if they were reported. If the server name that was mentioned does not have 2x the player count of Mineland, a punishment will be issued. Hope this helps and clears your doubts!

Best regards,
iCherish | Moder³
thanks this helped me! i am not (ezezeez) btw