➨ Custom Music System Guide 🎼🎵🎷🥁

there are few ways of make custom music

first u will need to make the music code consisting of number and letter for the purpose of this guide i will use this format (Instrument + Pitch + Delay) if u are only using 1 instrument u dont need the instrument data and same for delay if u want to put a fixed delay between the notes

here is the mapping for the music code the mapping can be changed how u like
Instrument:
Piano = 0
Double Bass = 1
Snare Drum = 2
Click = 3
Bass drum = 4
Guitar = 5
Flute =6
Bell = 7
Chime = 8
Xylophone = 9

Pitch
null = 0
F# - D = 1 - 9
D# - F#3 = a - p

look here all the pitches https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Note_Block#:~:text=greater pitch coverage.-,The,-exact pitch to

delay = number in ticks e.g. 5 ticks = 05 10 ticks = 10

arrange a song in noteblock studio or find a song thats already made
convert the song into the code sequence
for example Fur Elise will be converted into: 0n05 0m05 0n05 0m05 0n05 0i05 0l05 0j05 0g05
remove the spaces its waste of space so it will look like this 0n050m050n050m050n050i050l050j050g05
put the music code into a text variable. a text variable can support up to 255 characters since every note is made up of 4 characters you can put up to 63 notes in 1 text variable if your song is longer than this you have to segment it into multiple text variables and play them in order

create a function call it playsong or something this should only execute once when the game is awake make a variable playindex set it = 1

select a random player get the length of the music code into codeLength use truncate text to seperate the instrument, pitch and delay then call another function called decoder in this function use if variables and set variable the instrument and pitch to play e.g if variable checkInstr = 0 set Instr = note.block.harp

back in the playsong function after calling the decoder function use player action play sound put in the variables Instr and Pitch shift right click to play for all players
parse the Delay use wait block put in the Delay then call the function again before that if the playindex is more or equal to codeLength set the play index to 1 this will loop the song

if u have song that has multiple segments insert it into an array if that segment has end +1 to the index get the element u already know how this works
u can also use the array to store multiple songs

for playing multiple notes at once create multiple music codes for each channel spawn a mob for each channel give them different names select those mobs i forgot which placeholder to use assign the music code to those mobs then use those mobs to call the functions

using this method u can easily edit songs just by editing the music code sequence thing

now code something that can automatically convert the note blocks studio into the music code idk if it is possible

veddnt

yo this is actually wayyyy better than using play sound repeatedly. Didn't think of using a decoder for this, awesome! 👍

ItchyDitchy

yo this is actually wayyyy better than using play sound repeatedly. Didn't think of using a decoder for this, awesome! 👍
Dude I didn't see this thread before I made my jbx world, yet I haven't seen anyone make something like it...

Parodies

there are few ways of make custom music

first u will need to make the music code consisting of number and letter for the purpose of this guide i will use this format (Instrument + Pitch + Delay) if u are only using 1 instrument u dont need the instrument data and same for delay if u want to put a fixed delay between the notes

here is the mapping for the music code the mapping can be changed how u like
Instrument:
Piano = 0
Double Bass = 1
Snare Drum = 2
Click = 3
Bass drum = 4
Guitar = 5
Flute =6
Bell = 7
Chime = 8
Xylophone = 9

Pitch
null = 0
F# - D = 1 - 9
D# - F#3 = a - p

look here all the pitches https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Note_Block#:~:text=greater pitch coverage.-,The,-exact pitch to

delay = number in ticks e.g. 5 ticks = 05 10 ticks = 10

arrange a song in noteblock studio or find a song thats already made
convert the song into the code sequence
for example Fur Elise will be converted into: 0n05 0m05 0n05 0m05 0n05 0i05 0l05 0j05 0g05
remove the spaces its waste of space so it will look like this 0n050m050n050m050n050i050l050j050g05
put the music code into a text variable. a text variable can support up to 255 characters since every note is made up of 4 characters you can put up to 63 notes in 1 text variable if your song is longer than this you have to segment it into multiple text variables and play them in order

create a function call it playsong or something this should only execute once when the game is awake make a variable playindex set it = 1

select a random player get the length of the music code into codeLength use truncate text to seperate the instrument, pitch and delay then call another function called decoder in this function use if variables and set variable the instrument and pitch to play e.g if variable checkInstr = 0 set Instr = note.block.harp

back in the playsong function after calling the decoder function use player action play sound put in the variables Instr and Pitch shift right click to play for all players
parse the Delay use wait block put in the Delay then call the function again before that if the playindex is more or equal to codeLength set the play index to 1 this will loop the song

if u have song that has multiple segments insert it into an array if that segment has end +1 to the index get the element u already know how this works
u can also use the array to store multiple songs

for playing multiple notes at once create multiple music codes for each channel spawn a mob for each channel give them different names select those mobs i forgot which placeholder to use assign the music code to those mobs then use those mobs to call the functions

using this method u can easily edit songs just by editing the music code sequence thing

now code something that can automatically convert the note blocks studio into the music code idk if it is possible
no thanks ill just stick to paying ppl to code for me and stealing their credit

Parodies

disgusting
who the hell is this clown who cant read context? Are you so incredibly braindead that you do not understand that was a joke.

Every line of code I make in c++ is original, and by me.
This also applies to non ML coding, I don't steal code

ItchyDitchy

who the hell is this clown who cant read context? Are you so incredibly braindead that you do not understand that was a joke.

This also applies to non ML coding, I don't steal code
This is when you realize that you should use libraries for already made stuff.

veddnt

This also applies to non ML coding, I steal code
yes c++ 🙇‍♂️

yeah truly every code block placed by you is your own original thing no doubt!
pardon this braindead creature