Survival Admins, please fix griefing with the Claim Blocks plugin

PumpkinPatch7w

There are some serious issues with the Claim Blocks plugin used on the new Survival 1.16 server on Mineland:
  • Any mobs and players can be killed inside a Region with no option to turn PVP on or off
  • TNT can be placed outside a Region to destroy any blocks including chests inside the Region
  • Players know about this, and are using these to destroy most player homes, days or hours after being built
A Claim plugin is supposed to protect any blocks and passive mobs from unauthorized players griefing in the area. The old WorldEdit-based claim system in Survival 1.12 did this by stopping explosions inside a Claim and stopping other players from hitting mobs, and it worked well. Since the 1.16 reset, it seems that Mineland's other Claim Blocks system from Anarchy has been used brought over to the new Survival server.

I have made a short video showing my Work account (the griefer) use TNT blocks to break open a chest inside my Main account's claimed region. This should not happen, and any regions should be protected from random players destroying and killing anything they want to.
This may not look like much, but more damage can be done with more time, Redstone and TNT, and super powered "Tier TNT" blocks can be purchased with Mineland Gold that let griefers destroy even more of other player's hard work by exploding a larger area.

I started playing the new Mineland Survival Nether Update last week, and not knowing any of this, my first base in Survival was TNT griefed just one day after building it because of Mineland's poor Claim protection. I have decided to mine over 30 stacks of Obsidian to fully surround my base and stop players from launching TNT into the claimed Beacon region, and I have still been griefed every few days while trying to build it. Obsidian is very slow to mine even with an Efficiency 4 Pickaxe and Haste 1 Beacon, and I am tired of trying to have a safe place to build farms and play Minecraft normally.
2024-06-02_06.32.36-min.png

Last edited:

PumpkinPatch7w

I have heard of and seen other player's homes inside the game being destroyed by random players from killing mobs in farms and using TNT to break open chests and steal hundreds of items, and there seems to be no [Server Rules](https://forum.mineland.net/threads/server-rules.6/) for griefing in Survival, only in Skyblock or Creative modes. The Overworld size is limited to a 10,000 block radius and it is easy for players with Elytra to find any player's builds on the Server, and claims cannot be created in the End dimension.
2024-05-30_18.32.14-min.png
2024-05-30_19.34.55.png

Typing /warp outdoor in Survival takes you to a World Border corner, where one player has built probably the only un-griefable base on the Server. They have used several Beacons that claim all blocks from Y=0 to Y=255, put Soul Sand water to launch TNT and players upward and away from the base, and placed their chests and other items under all this to stop players from dropping TNT or entering to kill mobs and the player.
2024-06-05_09.45.05-min.png
2024-06-05_09.42.30-min.png

We should not have to go through all these extreme measures just to protect our builds in Mineland Survival. This new Mineland Survival is almost unplayable without constantly being online or taking even more actions than 2b2t to make sure other players are not griefing your stuff. This game mode is meant to be for surviving and helping other players, but I can't even trust most players to Teleport to my base and most newer or less experienced players are doomed because of this problem.