Creative+ how can you convert variables from decimal fractions to normal numbers? (FIXED)

Ezolile

Try with Set variable > Numbers > Round number. In there you can choose how many decimal points will be after whole number. And also if you set up variable correctly it should not have any decimal spaces.

marti

Try with Set variable > Numbers > Round number. In there you can choose how many decimal points will be after whole number. And also if you set up variable correctly it should not have any decimal spaces.
tried, doesn't work, the .0 is still there
nvm i found the problem that was causing that

Last edited:

deefer

oh my lord stop trying this goofy thing is the server-side doesnt know how rounding works the devs dont know what the diff between a float type or a double

Aalus

Big Bandar
oh my lord stop trying this goofy thing is the server-side doesnt know how rounding works the devs dont know what the diff between a float type or a double
You don't know too

Hayden

Hello @marti

I have seen players have this kind of issue, and I myself do the simplest thing. First, we are unable to get rid of the .0 by rounding, as all that does is run a check to see what should be incremented, so what we have to do is set a DISPLAY value, or front end, which replaces the .0 in text, because number variables can't be text, it would have to be *-display, and use that in messages

YAML:
function simplify(v: variable):
    set {_Simplifyvar} to v
    set {array-simplifyvar::*} to {_Simplifyvar} split at "v"
    set {simpvalue} to {array-simplifyvar::1}

This code above is having us get the first element of the array we converted the number into, and since simpvalue is a different variable, we can use that in text.
This is the basic idea of decimal removal

Hayden

Also numerics -> text should fix the problem, as the number to text algorithm has a built in float 0, but if you directly set it to a text it shouldn't run that

marti

did u even read the title